Welcome...

Hello... Welcome family and friends. This blog was started so you could follow our adoption journey to our daughter in China...Crystina Luz ChenLi. Now, it's to follow our everyday adventures with 2 active young children, who are growing SO fast, Crystina & Ethan and 2 playful Yorkies, Lola and Bertha.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 2 - Beijing

Ni Hao! Today we had another awesome day!! We did so much that I have NO idea how I'm typing this, hopefully there are not too many typos.....we are SO exhausted!! ; )

Today, we went to a church service, that was really good. In order to get in, you need to show your passport, proving that you are a foreigner. It was mostly in English and some Mandarin (Chinese), which was cool to hear. Then we headed to the Jade Factory...yes, I did some major damage there. ; ) ha ha, Edgar doesn't think it was that funny. Then we went to lunch...let me just say, it was DELICIOUS!!!!! Our lunch meals, here in Beijing, have been awesome! At the restaurant they had a big store, with LOTS of goodies, and once again...damage control. Yes, I've had a blast shopping here! ; ) Then we were off to The Great Wall!!! All we can say is...AMAZING! I (Barbara) totally wimped out, I kinda got scared of the steps and how steep they are. Edgar, on the other hand, went up 3 towers! I just waited and waited...and took pictures and more pictures. It was nice just taking it all in....we still can't believe we are in China! From there we went to dinner, which was good and then we saw an Acrobat Show...it was good.

Here are some pictures of today....enjoy!


This is the famous "squatty potty," there are lots more of these than "our" type of toilets. I have YET to use it...don't want to wet my pants. ; ) ha ha ha!!
On the bus after lunch...heading towards the Great Wall.
At the Great Wall...amazing!!
Locks of Love...couples buy locks and throw the key over the bridge for "Forever Love."
Edgar at the Great Wall.
Right before Edgar went on his long journey up the Wall.
There he goes...
Awesome picture! Angelica (Bonilla), this one is for you!! : ) Steps look small in this picture BUT they weren't all like this.
Edgar coming back...he was SO exhausted! For those of you that have asked, here you go...the Bird's Nest! : ) Looks amazing in person, even from the bus window.
Water Cube, not a great picture but that's the best that I could get.
I know, not too many pictures today BUT we need to get up at 4:30am to get ready for the airport tomorrow and we are still packing...emotions going crazy and we are so exhausted.

Tomorrow our lives are changing forever! We will be going from just us 2 for so long, to having a little one to care for, for the rest of our lives. We are so happy and excited that GOD has blessed us with this child and we are looking forward to meeting her. Please keep Crystina in your prayers, especially tonight, since we are about to give her the shock of her life. Words cannot express how we feel right now...in some hours, she will be in our arms! All we know is that we fly out in the morning, arrive in Kunming, Yunnan, we think we will be going to the hotel to check in and get all the gifts ready and then we'll be off to get our girl! She will be placed in our arms, while all of you are sleeping, so when you wake up...hopefully pictures will up, of our family of 3!!! We've had a very long journey to get here and I still don't believe it's happening! Feels like a dream...

We look forward to all the comments and thank you to those that have written us, it means the world to us! We miss everyone SO much!

Much love to all and God Bless!........Tomorrow we become a family of 3.......!!!! Can you tell that we are excited?!?!?!?!???!!!! ; )

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow great pictures, but tomorrow your life will change for ever, we'll be up when Crystina is put in your arms so call us as soon as you can.
love Dad

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!! I wish we could of been there. I dont think I would have survived.lol. I get so excited to see the pictures every morning. I am constantly checking even though nothings changed. I look at Crystinas picture all the time and it makes my eyes water. I can not wait for the BIG day to come. Ayden goes crazy seeing the picture. I can not wait to see his expressions when he sees her. The best time of you life starts tomorrow and will be the best thing you will ever have in your arms.. You and Edgar will be the best parents she can ever have. I will be looking foward to seeing the pictures. I wake up and go straight to the computer to check for any updated info. Caint wait to see Crystina . God bless the three of you.
Love always,
~YOUR~
sis-in-law
* Annabel *

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! This is onces in a life time that you get to go to China. Well you as you know tomorrow you become a great family of 3. Things will change from here on out (Belive me, as you know the love of my life and i have 6 + 2 dogs)

Great jurney, thank you for making all of us part of your jurney,but most inportant part of this one in a life time experience with you guy's.

We will cant wait to see tomorrow's pictures with Crystina.

Until tomorrow, be safe, have lots of fun, take lots of pictures and last but not leat CONTROL YOUR SHOOPING... LOL..

Love,

Willie/Jessica and all our kids.........

Anonymous said...

Mis primos saben que estan en mis pensamientos y oraciones todos los dias... Dios les ha dado una bendicion bien grande y me siento bien orgullozo de ustedes, estamos todos muy alegres y ansiosos y esperamos ver a los fantasticos 3 pronto de regreso a su casita y a su familia que se sigue engrandeciedo cada dia....
Los quiero un montos tu primo

Delwin

Angelica & Tio Coco said...

Pictures look great. Angelica and I will be waiting early in the morning to see our new niece/cousin. Can't wait!!

Love,
Coco & Angelica

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!QUE BELLAS LAS FOTOS,YA POR FIN MAÑANA TENDRAN A MI SOBRINA CRYSTINA LUZ EN SUS BRAZOS,Y SU VIDA CAMBIARA POR COMPLETO, AHORA SON UNA FAMILIA DE 3, ESTOY LOCA POR VER A CRYSTINA JUNTO A USTEDES, QUE POR CIERTO LA VAN A AÑOÑAR MUCHO,Y SOBRE TODO LLENARLA DE MUCHO AMOR, LOS QUIERO UN MONTON, Y SU FELICIDAD ES LA MIA TAMBIEN...LOL CYNTHIA Y FAM

Anonymous said...

You guys are soo lucky! I still cant believe you went to a jade factory!! JEALOUS! We cant wait to wake up tomorrow and see the pictures of the family of 3!!Thanks for the pic of the great wall!!! hope you guys are having funn!
Love you all && little Crystina!!
Angelica & Isabel
ps: on a trip this unforgetable there is no such thing as "damage" ;)

Anonymous said...

ill be waking up at 5am to go to work so try to have the pictures on by 6am. haha
love
nate

Anonymous said...

Edgar & Barbara,

Your DTC group has been watching your trip -- and we are all excited about what you've experienced and the change you will make in the life of a little girl tomorrow! Deb and I remember well the things you have described, and the excitement we felt when our Sunday night ended and we knew Monday would be Gotcha Day! It's about 7:00 PM on the East Coast of the states now, which means you are probably boarding your flight to the province of Crystina. Let it all soak in -- these are the moments that make life worth living!

Wishing you continued good travels --

Dave, Deb and Christa Glenn

Anonymous said...

Man I am at a loss for days, yesterday I thought that today was going to be the first of Sept, I was a day too soon... I suppose it's because I'm so excited about "the big day"... ;o) Be safe. Have fun.

See you guys soon!

Love Melissa & fam.

p.s. My dog Toedo just had 2 more puppies yesterday! Once they're big enough we'll be finding them a good home. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the amazing sights, especially The Great Wall! We have been following the journey, and wishing you the best on your big day. Looking forward to seeing even more pictures especially of your new family!

Felipe & Katie

Anonymous said...

Hello Edgar & Barbara,

It is 9:30 pm in Florida so you are most likely on your way to Crystina's province. Praying for the 3 of you: as you experience the most amazing feeling in your life!!! I will be checking your blog first thing tomorrow morning! Happy Labor Day (which will have a whole new meaning for you from now on)!! Blessings and love, Diana

Anonymous said...

Our dearest cousins, Barbara and Edgar: We (Mami, yes she is in PR, Christina, David and Me) are gathered here at David’s house, together reading your adventures of today. We all chocked up, teary eyed and all emotional! We are so excited for you! This thing about the Blog is the best thing you have thought about. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. We feel so involved in what you are doing.

Los quiero mucho, les pido a Jehova por ustedes todos los dias.
Gracias por compartir conmigo sus emociones. Estoy loca por conocer a mi nueva primita! Un beso y un abrazo! Sol

Hello parents to be! I am so sorry I have not written you till now. Know that I have had you all in my prayers and have logged onto this page often to see what was new in your journey. The summer has kept me busy with kids...something you will soon know about. Please know that my lack of communication is not due to lack of enthusiasm but lack of free time to express my true excitement for the blessing you too are about to receive. I am so so so happy for you three! May the details of this day be etched in you heart and memory for ever. May God continue to bless you, and this blessed child you are about to met! Christina

Fabulous…..I’m so excited to have two Christina’s in my life! What a great journey it has been, cherish each moment knowing that nothing matters most than the moment we are in now!!!! We love you guys so much and look forward as we spend life together. Hugs and Kiss, God bless & God Speed….Please say hi to Chinese President Hu Jintao. Let the fun begin. Tito

Dear Barbara & Edgar,
You can't imagine how much I have had you in my mind and in my prayers. In my thoughts I have travelled with you...as I was "flying" to Puerto Rico I closed my eyes and made believed I was "flying" with you to China.
This event has been very emotional for me...I'm very touched by your
life events and the adoption of this blessed child. Like I told you the night before you left "It takes special people" to do what you are doing! May Jehova's blessing be upon all three of you now and forever. thank you for sharing and making us a part of your life! Waiting anxiously to hold my new "sobrina" in my arms. Love Titi Lucy

Anonymous said...

Edgar and Barbara
Great website, I love your pictures of the Great Wall. Shoot us an e-mail at k_steagall@yahoo.com so we can send you our blog. I hope your journey so far has been great. See you on Friday when are both families of 3.

Larry and Kelly Steagall