Welcome...

Hello... Welcome family and friends. This blog was started so you could follow our adoption journey to our daughter in China...Crystina Luz ChenLi. Now, it's to follow our everyday adventures with 2 active young children, who are growing SO fast, Crystina & Ethan and 2 playful Yorkies, Lola and Bertha.

Friday, August 29, 2008

We made it!!!!!

Greetings from Beijing, China!!!! Yes, we made it...we are here!! We made it to Crystina's birth country. We are actually in the same country as she is...just miles and miles apart. In just 3 days, she will be in OUR arms!! And that day cannot get here fast enough.

Our flight from Orlando to DC was good and short (2 hours). A little bumpy towards the end....DC had pretty bad weather when we arrived. I met a very pleasant lady that sat next to me and we talked almost the whole way to DC. If she only knew how much she calmed my nerves. She was certainly an angel (for me) sent from GOD! And I thank her from the bottom of my heart. My regret.......I forgot to get her name and give her our blog. : (

Now...our flight from DC to Beijing..............was LONG!!! That was the longest 13 hours of my life! I thought we would never get here. We slept on and off, it's kinda hard to sleep well on a plane. We flew through Canada, the North Pole and Russia before landing in China. The flight was pretty good, despite the length. The landing was the BEST part!!! ; )

We are now in our hotel room...thinking about going to the local store, which compares to Wal-mart, to buy water and a few things. Since it's raining, I really don't want to venture out but I think we just have to. Especially if we want some dinner.......KFC sounds really good right now. : ) HA HA HA HA!!!

We will post pictures later on...right now we are way too tired to even think about that. We just wanted everyone to know that we made it, safely! Thank GOD!

Oh, mom can you please tell Abuela "Thank you" for the travel pillow that she let us borrow...that was the best thing that we carried on!! I'm actually going to be using it EVERY night to sleep...if Crystina doesn't take it from me in a few days.

Okay, this is all for now from China. We will post again tomorrow, if not tonight with pictures (highly doubt it)...we have a very busy day tomorrow and hope to have some really good shots of Beijing.

Much love to all and we miss everyone dearly!! God Bless!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take lots of pictures and go out and exlpore!!!! Gina Descheneaux

Anonymous said...

What a nice feeling...to be in Crystina's birth country! Enjoy the tours and have a safe trip to her province! 2 days to go..but who is counting? Love, Diana

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you. I've been reading your blog pretty much on a daily basis. Don't forget to send lots of pictures.

Lisa, CNA NYC

Anonymous said...

hola, me alegra saber que llegaron bien, ya pronto Crystina estara con ustedes, que emocion, tomen muchas fotos los quiero, Cynthia

Anonymous said...

I am glad yall made it safe. I caint wait to see pictures of Crystina and you know Ayden caint wait. He loves to see her picture and many more. Take care.
God bless yall
love
your
sis-in-law
Annabel

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you shared your blog with me and that you arrived safely. Looking forward to seeing you all when you get back. I'll check in on your every now and again. Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Send me a picture to the house
e-mail so I can print it.
Wish we were with you......
dad...

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best. I can not wait to see the pictures and Crystina. I am so happy for you.

love, Misty