Welcome...

Hello... Welcome family and friends. This blog was started so you could follow our adoption journey to our daughter in China...Crystina Luz ChenLi. Now, it's to follow our everyday adventures with 2 active young children, who are growing SO fast, Crystina & Ethan and 2 playful Yorkies, Lola and Bertha.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Last night in China...

Ni hao...for the last time in China!! Well, this is our last night in China, we are SO excited about going home but yet so sad about leaving China. It's going to be real hard saying "bye" to China, Crystina's birth country, the country that gave us OUR daughter! But, it's time.

Today, was an easy day. We took group pictures of all the families with ALL the children, I can't say "all the babies" because there's a 12 year old boy that was adopted by an amazing family! He was the oldest and the youngest, I think, were 9 months. Big range...ALL the families have been great, we all have this "special bond." We will most certainly miss them ALL...we all came from different directions in the US...which is also SO amazing!

Also, today, Crystina OFFICIALLY became OURS! Well, in China's eyes. We had to take an Oath, which was really emotional for us. It's something really simple but yet SO rewarding. Sorry, no pictures...no cameras allowed. We were at the Consulate about 30 minutes or so, there were about 30 families, 12 families were from our agency! It was really neat, simple, but amazing! After we took the Oath, we immediately gave Crystina big kisses!! We are SO in love with her, its amazing! I know, I keep saying that word...amazing, but I don't know what other word to use. : )

Well, here are some pictures of today...enjoy!!

Having breakfast...pancakes!

6 of the families!!
The other 10 families!!
How cute!!
Being silly!
Being cute!
Getting off the bed.
Check out our mess!
Our messy room...
Can I use this in my hair yet?
Loving my daddy!
I'm almost a US citizen!
She's officially OURS!!
I finally had MY Starbuck's!!!! And it tastes just like back home!
Can you read it? It says "China Golf Show 2008" and no, Edgar didn't go. ; )
Crawling??
Eating her peas & carrots.
This is at the Hotel buffet, they have a trio that sings, English songs! Crystina was loving it...she was dancing while eating her dinner. It's SO cute!

After dinner in the elevator.

Well, we hope you have enjoyed ALL the pictures and videos the past 2 weeks. This has been one amazing journey! Words cannot express all the emotions and feelings that we have been through...it's just AMAZING!! Knowing that we will be home SOON...it's just a wonderful feeling! We are looking forward to seeing all of our family and friends...and introducing our new daughter to you all!! Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare to travel, to go home...this is going to be one LONG day for us 3. I will post again, when we get home, so everyone will know that we made it safely.

Thank you to everyone that has posted a comment, you definitely have a special place in our hearts! And also, to everyone that has said a prayer for us during this process. It's been a long journey but Crystina sure has been worth the wait! She is just an amazing child and she is SO perfect for us!

Okay, this is it from China. We just wanted to let China know..."THANK YOU FOR THE MOST AMAZING GIFT...OUR PRECIOUS DAUGHTER!!!!!!"

Miss you all SOOOOOO much and looking forward to seeing you all, real soon!!!! Sending so much love to all!!!

May God Bless you,
Edgar, Barbara & Crystina

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PICTURES.I MISS YALL SO MUCH I CAN WAIT TO SEE YALL TOMORROW.

P.S.LOVE
JESSICA & WILLIE

Anonymous said...

Again you have managed to make me cry! I guess all I can say is thank you for sharing your wonderful and amazing experience with all of us!! I have enjoyed the stories, pictures and videos. I love the fact that there are so many families out there enthusiastic to provide a loving home for a child and I love knowing that God finds a way to give a wonderful couple an opportunity to be parents and to share their love. We can’t wait to see you guys!
Love Brenda & Sean

Anonymous said...

1 MORE DAY!!! Yeah!!! I am looking foward to seeing yall tomorrow night.. Its exciting.. Ayden loves the videos of Crystina dancing. He looks at her and copys her dancing its tooooo cute. Thanks for all the pictures. We loved following your journey with out it we would be worried. It was so exciting. Expecially the day you got her. My stomach was bubbling I couldnt sleep right. I was so anxious to see the pics of Crystina..Give her a kiss and a hug 4 me.I will pray for yall that yall have a safe trip back HOME!!! We miss yall...

GOD BLESS THE 3 OF YALL
LOVE ALWAYS
ANNABEL-AYDEN-NATE!!!

Anonymous said...

CRYSTINA IS SO CUTE I CAINT WAIT TO SEE HER.God Bless the three of you as you make it safely back home. Love, hugs and kisses,

P.S.MISS YALL
JESSICA & WILLIE

Shower of blessings! said...

I have enjoyed following your journey to Crystina. She is such a doll! Have a safe & blessed trip to the states. More prayers for you & your family as well as all the other families returning home with their children. What a blessing!!! Will be checking back for more updates--from home!! Love, Diana

Anonymous said...

I am so envious! All these other people get to meet Crystina. And she's planning on being in MD/PA... when? Well, know that I have enjoyed the journey, shared in the excitement and wish you all the happiness you deserve. Lucky family! Please continue with the photos and stories so those of us that aren't in the vicinity can watch her grow.

Welcome home, Edgar, Barbara and Princess Crystina.

Terri Eck

Anonymous said...

HURRY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenovie

Anonymous said...

Well finally the big day for us back in US is almost here. Now a new chapter in our lives begins, Today someone at work said that I am glowing ( I wonder why , could it be that Iam so happy I could fly. God Bless Have a safe trip home and will be @ airport ready to see all of you, much love and many blessings as you cross back over to the other side of the world .

Love you very much MOM

Anonymous said...

I am so full of emotion right now...I am even crying...I wish I could be at the airport to receive you guys :-(
....Thank you sooo much for sharing this AMAZING journey with me. I wish I could have been in Orlando when you had your shower and to see you off to China. It sure has been a very emotional trip. And I am sure that the memories of this adventure will last a life time.
May Jehova bless you guys and protect you as you fly home tomorrow. You will be in my prayers. UN ABRAZO fuerte a los tres. Los quiero mucho - SOL

Anonymous said...

You 3 have truely been blessed! She is beautiful and you can tell that you were ment to be together! I am very choked up today viewing your photos and reading about the events that have taken place. I can only imagine the feeling you both must have had as you said your oath. I wish I could have been there for you shower. I am preparing a special gift for Crystina and I plan on bringing it to you guys myself when we visit Florida. May Gods blessing continue to flow now and always upon you and I pray for safe journeys to the US!

Much much love and Kisses from us!
Christina and David and kids
PS Alysia asked if her and Crystina were cousins, when I told her yes she said "cool!!"

Anonymous said...

One more day. Cant wait to see Crystina at the airport. She better not be sleeping..j/k.
love nate

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best on your travels home... We have enjoyed the pictures, and following your journey, so thank you for sharing. Can't wait to meet her!

Felipe & Katie

Anonymous said...

I know it was a long time for you all to be there but now I can't believe you are on your way home!!! I pray for a safe and pleasant flight home. I am going to miss this blog. I think I only missed it one day. It it so exciting to get on and see what you were all up to. I hope you do try to update it every so often as I know we won't get to see you as often as we would like.
I just want to see her every reaction to her new life, especially Lola and Bertha.
God bless your new little family. You all look soooooo happy.
See you soon,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying all flights are on time!! Safe travels!
Blessings, Diana

Anonymous said...

BARBARA Y EDGAR, YA PISARON UUUSSSAAA... YES,YES,YES!!! WOWWW!!!! QUE CHEVERE...LO LOGRARON YESSS! NO PUEDO ESPERAR A VER A MI BELLA SOBRINITA PUERTOCHINITA ACOMPANADA DE SUS FAVULOSOS PADRES. LO LOGRARON YESSS!!! VAMOS PARA EL AEREOPUERTO A RECIBIRLOS QUE CHEVERE, QUE EMOCION ME VOY A PREPARAR NOS VEMOS EN UN RATITO EN ORLANDO FLORIDA.

Anonymous said...

SORRY EL ULTIMO MENSAJE FUE DE TITI WANDY LOVE YOU UPS! LOS VEO EN UN RATITO. TITI

Mayme said...

Barbara, Edgar, and Crystina - We miss you guys and are so looking forward to going home. It was a joy being with you all in China and we will always treasure this time together. Your family is adorable and we look forward to following along as Crystina grows. We have prayed for your journey home. Take care and God Bless.
Bo, Mayme, Brady, Ashton and Emma

Anonymous said...

Hello and WELCOME HOME!!! Pensando en ustedes..espero hayan tenido un feliz viaje de regreso a casa. Estuve mirando los itinerarios de United todo el dia ayer..me parece que el vuelo a Orlando se atraso...me hubiese gustado ir al aeropuerto, pero no pude. Ahora a esperar fotos de su viaje y el re-encuentro con su familia! Carinos y un abrazo, Diana

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that you finally have your baby girl! Good luck on your trip home and in the weeks, months and years to come. She truely is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

ok, We're all anxiously waiting for an update!!!! are you home? It's been torture all day. I know it's been a crazy day but pleeeeeeease just let us know you are home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Hello , I am sure you are glad to be home. It was very nice to see all the pictures. As everyone has said you guys have been blessed. Crystina is a very happy girl and very loved. Can not wait to meet her!!

Love
Misty