Welcome...

Hello... Welcome family and friends. This blog was started so you could follow our adoption journey to our daughter in China...Crystina Luz ChenLi. Now, it's to follow our everyday adventures with 2 active young children, who are growing SO fast, Crystina & Ethan and 2 playful Yorkies, Lola and Bertha.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Many first, this week...

This past week, Crystina had many "first." She attended her first wedding, (adult) birthday party, doctor's appointment, going to the mall...etc....

A very dear friend of mine got married this past Saturday. Everything was SO nice!! We had a wonderful time. And Crystina was able to meet some of my friends that I made at my last job. It's amazing, in the short time that I was there and how these ladies are with me. It feels that I've known them for YEARS!!!! And I'm sure they will be part of my life for a LONG time to come. ; ) Misty & Dan...we wish you both many years of Love & Happiness!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

After the wedding, we went to an (adult) birthday party. And Crystina had a BLAST!! She played, danced, ate...and played & danced some more. Her cousin Ayden was there, so they played together for a long while. Crystina did so well with everyone! She did not want to go to sleep, she didn't want to miss anything. Ayden was SO cute with her...he kept feeding Crystina breadsticks & grapes.......and he was hugging her, lots!!! Happy Birthday Sean & Jose (Che)!!!

Crystina had her first doctor's appointment this week. She did really well. She's been "under the weather" for a few days now. But hopefully she's getting over it now. She weighed in at 19.3 lbs., this means she only gained 2 ounces in 3 weeks?!????? No way!! I'm thinking the scale in China was not right. But oh well.... Anyhow, she checked out well, with the exception of her "stomach bug." We will be going back next month to start some vaccinations and a better check up. This appointment was mainly because she wasn't feeling well and to start a file.

Crystina finally went to the mall!!!! And she enjoyed herself! She most certainly is a shopper. Yes!!!!!!!!!!! : ) She got some shoes and a few outfits. Yeah, yeah I know, she has a closet FULL of clothes BUT all that clothes is too big for her. So, we got her just a few outfits that would fit now. Even though Crystina is 17 months old, she wears 12 months...she's a petite, little thing. We also visited a special person at the mall. She was able to meet Lauren from Carlton Cards (at the Oviedo mall)...Lauren helped us with Crystina's precious moments letters for her middle names. Even though the letters had been discontinued, Lauren went (way) out of her way and was able to get us ALL the letters!!! That meant SO much to us!!!! When we went to pick up the letters, I told her what they were for and I also gave her our blog, so she could follow our journey.......and she did!!!! Lauren, THANK YOU so much for what you did!! You are certainly 1 in a million!!

Well, today is a special day here at the Fig's home........it's Edgar's Birthday!!!!!!! We will be celebrating by going out to Dinner at Downtown Disney, where Edgar can't wait to take Crystina. Happy Birthday honey!!!!! We love you more than you will ever know!!!!!!!!! ; ) Edgar celebrates his birthday with 2 other special people....Natalia, who is 5 today and Jesiah, who is the big 1!!!!!! Happy Birthday Natalia & Jesiah!!!!!!!!!

Well, here are a few pictures of our week...enjoy!!

Ready to party!!!!!!!!!!!!
The happy couple, Misty & DanMy mommy and me...
My daddy and me....
Dancing with my new friend, Emma
Checking things out...
Loving Grandma Lao Lao's cake!!!!
In between parties...recharging her battery.
Cousins, playing.....
Ayden giving Crystina a kiss......how cute is this!!!!!
Ayden feeding Crystina a breadstick! Too cute and he was so proud!
Ayden sure LOVES me!!!
Hugging, right before they both fell.
eating grapes with my cousin, Ayden
after 2 parties...yep, she's out!!
all pooped out...
Meeting great-grandma Ana...
Can we say "2024 Olympics!!!" : ) mouth full of applesauce
smelling her feet...
yep, they smell GOOD!! ; )
Hope you enjoyed all the pictures. I hope to have more up soon of Edgar's birthday dinner. And we are also going to Jesiah's 1st birthday party this weekend, so I'll have pictures of that also.

Crystina has met SO many people during the 2 weeks that we've been home and she has done SO great with everyone. She's still not too sure about men but she'll smile and wave to them. She sure has surprised us, alot!!! And we feel SO blessed that GOD chose us to be her parents!! Many people have said how lucky Crystina is...but honestly, WE, her parents, are the lucky ones!!!

Much love to all and may GOD bless you!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Barbara,Edgar and Crystina! I was sooooo happy you guys came in last night! I just wish I had more time to talk and admire Crystina. Like I said she is so beautiful! I have been waiting to see her. All the ladies at work kept asking how you guys were and if you had come in it yet with Crystina. I can not wait to see what else is to come with you and your beautiful family. I hope to see you guys again sometime soon. I know you are very busy now but whenever you are in the mall next please stop in. Even if I am not there all the ladies would love to meet you guys and Crystina. Edger, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you guys have a wonderful night tonight!
-Lauren

Anonymous said...

HI EDGAR THIS IS THE FIGUEROA FAMILY JUST WANTED TO WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HOPE ALL UR WISHES COME TRUE..HOPE YOU HAVING FUN SPENDINGTIME WITH UR WIFE AND DAUGHTER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY..LOVE YA,WE MISS YOU AND ONCE AGAIN HAPY BIRTHDAY HUGS/KISSES.....;.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOPS BY THE WAY THE FIGUEROA FAMILYWAS JESSICA,WILLIE,AEXA,LUIS,JESSICA,WILIAM,YASHILA,AND JEOVANI PLUS THE TWO DOGS NINA AND NIMO LUV YA......ONCE AGAIN

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I am so happy that you guys came to Misty's wedding! That little girl is so beautiful! and I've been missing my Barbara @ work! (we all have)

I still can't get over how petite she is! she's so light! I love all the pictures you put up... so keep them coming!!! lol

Call me soon and maybe we can grab lunch at our favorite spot! ;)

-Christine

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking how much I missed looking at the blog daily, and decided to look again at the happy family and was happily surprised to see a new post. !!!
It was soooo good seeing you all at the wedding. It's been such a short time that you have been a family, but you would never know it. I'm sure you are adjusting to having a toddler in your life and to her schedule, but she has bonded with u all so well.
You are all so lucky!
Hope to see you soon
Linda

Mayme said...

Hello Barbara, Edgar, and Crystina! Glad to see everyone is doing well and Happy Birthday Edgar. Hope that Crystina is feeling better!
Love,
The McGowans

Anonymous said...

HI Guys!
Edgar Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great time! Thank you for spending time with us at Sean & Che's birthday. We have to get to get together again soon!
Brenda & Sean