Welcome...

Hello... Welcome family and friends. This blog was started so you could follow our adoption journey to our daughter in China...Crystina Luz ChenLi. Now, it's to follow our everyday adventures with 2 active young children, who are growing SO fast, Crystina & Ethan and 2 playful Yorkies, Lola and Bertha.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Our first week home...

Our first week home has been eventful! Crystina has had SO many visitors!! And she does great with everyone...she doesn't go to everyone, she holds on tight to mommy & daddy when someone new meets her. She definitely knows who we are and makes sure that we are around. Our first few days were VERY exhausting...the time difference was unreal! We had issues with bedtime but they are getting a little better. The first week, Crystina would go to sleep and then wake up between 1:30am-2:30am and would stay awake for 1, 2 sometimes 3 hours to PLAY!! I was, literally, a walking zombie!! But slowly, she is overcoming that. She goes to sleep really late, usually between 12:00am-1:00am...and sleeps until 8:00am or so and then takes about 2 naps every day. We are hoping to get her to bed sometime between 9:00pm-10:00pm. But that will take some time. Her eating habits were really good while we were in China but she is starting to become a picky eater. She's willing to try most foods but what we thought she loved, she no longer wants. We are still trying to get into a (somewhat) routine...but that also will take some time.

The first Saturday home, we had a big family photo session (Barbara's side). Since my brother & niece were here from Dallas, we took advantage of the time. The pictures turned out really nice, even though Crystina had a few meltdowns...it was expected. We did get some really, really nice pictures.

Other than that, we've had visitors come by and meet Crystina. I know we are breaking all the "bonding rules" but she has done so GREAT!! She has really bonded with us SO wonderfully and beautifully, that we know we are NOT going to have any issues.

Well, here are just a few pictures...more to come soon!!!

Crystina's first time in a pool...daddy holding on to her & cousin Angelica watching.
Cousin Angelica swimming...
Tia Annabel playing with cousin Ayden...
Checking out this BIG bathtub...
Hanging out with my cousins, Angelica & Ayden...
Playing with my cousins, Alvani & Joshua...
Crystina, Angelica & Ayden...just hanging around at home.
This is my Tio (Shu Shu) Coco...
Lola & Bertha...waiting patiently for Crystina to drop some food...
First visit to Great-Grandma Luz house, everyone stopped by to see me...
Loving my Great-Grandma Luz...
Giving mommy attitude while eating breakfast...

Well, thank you, again, for checking up on us!! We've heard some of you have had "Crystina withdrawals!!" ; ) ha ha!! I'm going to try my best to update more often...if not, than at least once a week.

Today, our little girl is 17 months!!! I can't believe what a difference a month makes!! It is still so unreal that we were in China, just weeks ago!! I STILL can't believe it!! I know she is here with us but I still can't believe that I'm a mommy and Edgar is a daddy! GOD had truly blessed us!!!!!
Thanks again for all the prayers and comments. The other night I re-read them ALL...and yes, I still cried while reading them! ; )

Much love to all...and God bless!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara! I just got caught up on your blog (I missed the last few days of China on up to coming home). What a wonderful journey you had! Crystina is such a beutiful little girl. I was just telling Taina how happy she looks...you can tell from the pics she is silly and lots of fun. I am sure you are super busy with lots of people wanting to see you. When (if) is slows down a little, maybe you, Crystina, me and Taina can meet up for lunch one day. Would love to see you!

Love, Jen Bostedo

Shower of blessings! said...

SO HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN AND TO SEE NEW PICTURES!!!!!!! Crystina is just so beautiful and looks like she is adjusting well to all the "new" around her. I will continue to "check" on you guys! Glad to know things are getting back to some normalcy. Blessings and love, Diana

Anonymous said...

GRACIAS POR TRAERNOS A CRYSTINA LA PASAMOS SUPER BIEN Y LA DISFRUTAMOS MUCHICIMO, VA A SER UNA SALSERA-MERENGUERA.
LOVE TITI WANDY

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I just got back from California. Was out there for 6 days on a "Disney" Training!
I was hoping I wouldn't miss much of your updates...guess I didn't!
good! Sigue tan chulita como cuando estaba en la China! Me encanta la foto de ella con abuela!
don't worry, todo lo bueno takes time!!!! schedules, people meeting, etc...she'll be fine! she waited 15 months for you guys! she's a tough cookie and will be great! un beso y un abrazo a los tres!!! --- SOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara and Edgar, from the other Chen Chen family! We love seeing Christina in her new home with all of her wonderful family. We miss you guys! Blessings on your new adventure and once again, Congratulations!!! You have a daughter!!!

Love from, Craig, Julie, Nathan, Paige, Claire, Ella and Ivy Fu Chen Landino
Family number 8!

Anonymous said...

She is just the most precious child. Words can not express how elated I am for you all. The bond of love between you is so strong, as if she's been with you since birth.
Hope to see you soon.
Linda